IDEM issues Air Quality Action Day for Southeast Indiana
INDIANAPOLIS The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) has issued an Air Quality Action Day and is forecasting high ozone levels for Friday, June 16,2017 in the following area:
* *Southeast Indiana* Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Scott, and Washington counties
IDEM encourages everyone to help reduce ozone by making simple changes to their daily habits. You can:
* Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation
* Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip
* Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7 p.m.
* Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds
* Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above
Anyone sensitive to changes in air quality may be affected when ozone levels are high. Children, the elderly and anyone with heart or lung conditions should reduce or avoid exertion and heavy work outdoors.
IDEM examines weather patterns and current ozone readings to make daily air quality forecasts.