953wiki.com

Homes Evacuated After Gas Leak On Walnut Street

Posted On June 13, 2017

A natural gas leak forced evacuations and closed several blocks of downtown Madison, Indiana on Tuesday.

A contractor severed a two-inch Vectren natural gas line in the 500-block of Walnut Street about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

No one was hurt. Natural gas spewed into the air. People could smell the gas in several places of downtown Madison.

Crews stopped the leak and restored service by afternoon, said Vectren spokesperson Natalie Hedde.

Residents of four homes were evacuated. Police blocked access to several blocks near Walnut Street. However, the area reopened after several hours.

0 comments